To raise the profile of Luxembourg city as a great place to live and work for the EU, this year...
EU Careers Student Ambassadors
JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you a university student interested in gaining work experience and contacts? Are you outgoing, motivated and enthusiastic about the EU?
Then you may be our next brand ambassador! We are looking for volunteers to promote EU career opportunities in a variety of universities across the EU.
- Find out more about EU career opportunities and promote them to your fellow students
- Build an exciting student network across Europe
- Gain work experience to give your CV extra weight
- Develop your skills in public speaking, marketing and human resources
- Receive a full induction training and coaching throughout the role
- Get to meet high-ranking EU officials
- Receive a reference letter based on your performance
- Act as a point of contact for students interested in an EU career
- Develop university networks and provide information on EU jobs
- Maintain an active online and social media presence
- Give presentations, attend university career events and find interesting speakers
- Answer questions about career opportunities with the EU
- Research target groups and contact university media
- Set up mailing lists and distribute information about EU jobs through the appropriate channels
Learn more from EU Careers Ambassadors:
- Arrange or participate in a minimum of one EU Careers event or presentation
- Commit at least two hours per week to your ambassador role
- Communicate with your EU Careers coordinator on a regular basis
- Participate in all training activities provided online by EPSO
- Keep a log of your activities and report back regularly
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Willingness to share and learn
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to deliver quality and results
It will be up to you to decide how much promotional work you can fit in alongside your academic studies. We are looking for ambassadors who are creative and can come up with innovative ways of promoting EU Careers.
The selection process for the 2024/2025 academic year will start in February/March 2024.
Apply if you are:
- An EU citizen;
- Fluent in English and in the language of the country in which you are studying;
- Available to take part in our compulsory one-day training course in October 2024;
- Enrolled and present at the university for the entire duration of the ambassador post (October 2024 - September 2025);
Please note that the list of participating universities has been established in collaboration with national governments. Currently we are unable to support ambassadors from other universities.
If your university is not on this list, please visit this page at the beginning of next year to check our new, updated list.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at: EPSO-CAREERS-AMBASSADOR@ec.europa.eu
See here the participating universities for the academic year 2022-23 and 2023-24.