Remotely Proctored Testing
Transition to remotely proctored testing for all EPSO competitions is a strategic choice endorsed by its Management Board (EPSO’s interinstitutional governing body). Our objective is to be faster and more modern, while contributing to the EU’s ‘green policy’ and ensuring cost efficiency. This is an evolutionary development bringing EPSO in line with current international standards for large-scale staff selection procedures.
EPSO understands that remotely proctored testing is new to many people. We want to make sure that all candidates can become familiar with the way remotely proctored testing works in practice. For that reason we have created a number of public notes aimed at giving you as much information and guidance as possible, before you even apply to our selection procedures and are invited to test.
EPSO information and guidance notes:
- IT requirements for passing EPSO’s remotely proctored tests
- Why can't I use my corporate computer for EPSO's online selection tests?
- Short Guidance Note on Remotely Proctored Testing
- How to troubleshoot before and during the exam?
Candidates invited to remotely proctored testing will receive more specific instructions from EPSO with their invitations.
Recommendations from Prometric for a smoother digital testing experience
Here are some core recommendations that Prometric, EPSO’s external contractor, would like us to convey to all candidates sitting our online selection procedures with the ProProctor App:
- You should make sure that you download the ProProctor App from eu-rpcandidate.prometric.com. Important: if you installed the App previously, you must uninstall the App and reinstall it.
- Your operating system must be Windows 8.1 or higher and macOS 10.13 or higher (macOS Sonoma is not supported).
- You must have a functioning web camera and microphone properly configured throughout the entire testing session.
- You cannot use a Virtual Machine (VM) to take these tests.
- Important: firewalls, VPNs, and/or other security settings in corporate and private computers may restrict your ability to launch the ProProctor App, even if the System Readiness Check was successful.
- Please remember that the recommended screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. The minimum resolution required is 1024 x 768.
- Important: Make sure to use only the login credentials provided to you in Prometric’s confirmation e-mail in order to avoid system errors:
- Place the CONFIRMATION NUMBER in the Confirmation Number field and
- place the CONFIRMATION CODE in the Last Name field of the ProProctor App when launching your testing session.
We hope these core recommendations will help you to have a better digital testing experience.